Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Psalm 147:10-11
"His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man; the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love."
God doesn't delight in my performance, my abilities, or my performance.. but he delights in the condition of my heart - that fears him and hopes in His love.

Isaiah 41:9-10
"I haven chosen you and have not rejected you. so do not fear, for i am with you; do not be dismayed, for i am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
God chose the Israelites, a very ordinary people, amongst all the tribes He could have chosen. He chooses them not based on their might or strength but because He knows that His power will be recognized through their lives. His power become extraordinary in the lives of ordinary people. He chooses them so that all people will see and know that it is the Lord's hand working in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment